Water Damage Restoration
Getting your Boca Raton Florida household or business up and running and back to normal is our top priority.
When an emergency strikes you need water damage restoration expert help.
Broken pipes, sewer backups, flooding and torrential rains can cause major problems and contribute to a catastrophic loss of property. If your home or business has been affected by water or flooding it is essential that you have a professional disinfect, ventilate and restore your property as fast as possible.
Call us now to reach a trained expert that can help you get your life or business back to normal as quickly as possible.
Restore Experts provide:
- Immediate response
- Reliable damage assessment
- Professional restoration clean up team
- We can work directly with your insurance company
- Damage repairs
- Water extraction
- Sewage cleanup
- Basement and crawlspace drying
- Structural drying
- Carpet restoration
- Odor remediation
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Debris removal
- Emergency board up
- Mold inspection
- Mold testing
- Mold removal
We cannot stress enough the importance of calling a restoration expert as fast as possible.
Damage from water and flood is truly deceptive. It can penetrate structures and create pockets of trapped saturation. Very often, water must be detected using sophisticated moisture detection meters. If left undetected, the moisture can cause continuous damage. This damage can spread. It can also cause mold and odors. Further damage can cause materials in your home or business to shrink, split, de-laminate and deteriorate to the point where the repairs will be much more costly.
When you call Restore Experts you will hire professionals that have the experience and training to stop the damage and flooding, remove dangerous contamination, and dry furniture and materials in your home or business to ensure that toxic mold does not spread or return.
Call us today.
Water removal and flood damage cleanup is not a job for amateurs, and time is of the essence. As time goes on the damage caused by water from sewage backup, excessive rain, broken pipes, and floods can only get worse as time passes.
Water spreads very quickly. Furniture, carpeting, and upholstery can be discolored or stained, while metals can tarnish.
Mold and microbial growth appears and start to cause musty odors.
Drywall will start to ruin.
Wood studs start to warp and split.
Microbial growth then becomes dangerous and can be hazardous to your health.
Carpet restoration can become impossible after 2 to 7 days.
Your cleanup costs begin to skyrocket the longer you wait.
Don’t wait. Call us today.
The Restore Experts restoration process:
The steps that are listed here are for typical situations. No two repair situations are exactly alike but our contractors will do everything possible to ensure that you get your home or business restored as fast as possible.
- Step 1: Emergency Contact
It is critical for property owners to take action as quickly as possible.
Call us as soon as possible.
A trained team will be dispatched to your location.
The following are just some of the questions that will be asked:
• What type of damage and flooding are you dealing with?
• How much flooding is involved?
• Type of water we are dealing with?
• Is an emergency pack-out required?
• Has the flooding been stopped?
One of the first things the restoration team will do is remove property at risk of being damaged and items that will need to be restored.
Items can be photographed, itemized, packed and stored at a secure storage facility.
- Step 2: Damage Assessment
• Conduct a survey of the affected area(s).
• Make sure that the affected area is safe.
• Shut off power as needed.
• Start the ongoing damage assessment and begin photo documentation.
• Find the source / cause of the leak.
• Determine the whole extent of flooding, the type of water, and find hidden pockets of water saturation.
• Plan for rapid water extraction.
After the flooding has been stopped and the water removal process has begun a more detailed inspection can take place to see if there are more areas of damage.
Potential mold problems must be identified and prevented.
The entire assessment process can be documented with photographs and in writing.
This information can then be used by you to process your insurance claim if you wish to handle your claim personally.
As a benefit to homeowners, we can deal directly with your insurance company.
The following video by a great company in the Northeast, AAA Flooding gives a great example of what can be accomplished when you call in a restoration expert in time. Watch how they are able to save the wet wall from being demolished, thereby saving their customer a lot money and recovery time.
- Step 3: Water Removal and Damage Mitigation:
Restoration technicians arrive on the scene to work quickly to mitigate the damage caused by flooding.
Rapid water removal equipment is used to extract massive amounts of water as fast as possible.
Water Removal Equipment Used:
Powerful water extraction units perform rapid and efficient water removal.
Heavy duty pumps are used for pumping high levels of water.
Here is another great example from AAA Flooding of the type of equipment that is used when you have severe flooding on your property.
Cleanup and Protection:
Debris and ruined items will be cleaned up after the standing water has been drained.
Technicians will then identify what items and furnishings can be restored, such as electronics, furniture, clothing, etc.
- Step 4: Drying / Dehumidification:
As the clean-up process has started technicians will begin the drying and dehumidification of affected areas.
We utilize an assortment of tools to remove moisture and saturation very quickly.
Industry-grade moisture detection meters, dehumidifiers, high speed air movers, blowers, desiccant dehumidifiers, special drying equipment, and HEPA cleaning equipment to remove airborne contamination.
- Step 5: Reconstruction
If any of your property requires rebuilding or repair, whether partial or complete, our contractors offer full restoration services also. You can feel confident that we will work to get your home or business back to its former condition.
- Step 6: Cleanup
Removing our equipment.
Remove dirt, grime, and debris from affected area.
Items that were moved off-site for restoration or protection are unpacked and are returned.
Flooring and carpeting are restored to like new condition.
Technicians apply cleaning and air filtration measures to ensure protection against mold and odor.
Damaged HVAC systems can be installed if original system was damaged beyond salvageable repair.
- Step 7: Prevention:
Our technicians will do everything possible to ensure that they identify and locate all signs of moisture to prevent mold contamination and growth.
Your property is returned to you restored to its previous condition.
For more information on our process call us today.
What is Water Damage?
Restoring a water or flood damaged property back to its pre loss condition is not regulated, but there are important standards that are issued by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (aka IICRC) and that are followed by our expert contractors.
These standards are outlined in the IICRC S-500 Standards and Reference Guide.
The Reference guide helps restoration experts to determine the severity and extent of your damages.
The restoration is categorized into 3 categories and 4 classes. The 3 categories are based on and determined by the levels of water contamination. The 4 classes are determined by examining water evaporation rates. This information is used by our contractors to know the extent and details of your damages.
Contamination Level Categories
- Category 1: Water from sanitary sources. This was once known as “clear water” because it comes from clean water supply lines like the lines feeding showers, sinks and toilet bowls. However, Category 1 water can quickly become contaminated if exposed to contamination, thereby degrading into Category 2 water.
- Category 2: Water with low level of contamination. This water can cause discomfort and mild illness if ingested. This type of water was once known as “grey” water. Water from this category comes from toilets, dishwashers, and washing machines. Category 2 water may contain urine, but not feces.
- Category 3: Water with a high level of contamination. This water is grossly unsanitary and can cause illness and death if ingested. This type of water was once known as “black water”. It comes from sewage and flooding rivers. If standing water has microbial growth it will be considered Category 3 water.
Evaporation Rate Classes
- Class 1 Damage: Evaporation rate is slow. There is only damage tom part of a room or area. Little to no wet carpeting and/or padding. Evaporation is slow since there isn’t much moisture absorption into the materials.
- Class 2 Damage: Evaporation rate is average. The damage in Class 2 normally affects entire rooms, as well as wet carpeting and padding. Moisture has also gone up the walls 12 to 24 inches. Moisture will also be visible in structural materials.
- Class 3 Damage: Evaporation rate is fast. Likely water from overhead, such as roof or ceiling. Walls and carpeting and subfloors will also be affected.
- Class 4 Damage: This includes major damage to hardwood, plaster, concrete, bricks, and stone. There will be deep pockets of water and moisture, requiring profession drying processes.
Wet Carpet Restoration
When faced with wet carpeting and time of day, even in the middle of the night, our professional contractors can extract water from flooded carpets whether it is due to a backed up toilet, busted pipe, or overflowing washing machine. The formation of dangerous fungi, mold and bacteria is inevitable if left unfixed. The longer you wait, the greater the amount of damage to your carpets. Our wet carpet experts will treat your carpeting with the utmost care and do their best to ensure that your carpet can be restored to its pre flood state.
Often times, carpeting cannot be saved. In these instances we will remove the old carpeting and install new carpeting when we are certain your house or business is thoroughly dry.
A flooded basement or crawlspace can be a devastating experience. You can trust a professional technician to handle your water extraction and cleanup with the latest extraction and drying equipment in the industry.
Need to pump out freestanding water?
Technicians can use very powerful equipment to remove water from your basement, crawlspace, carpet, padding and upholstery. Carpet and padding can be removed, cleaned, dried, and reinstalled using the latest IICRC standards.
Technicians can then use industry grade equipment to dry your property and minimize the potential for mold growing and spreading.
Repair and mold removal services you can trust.
When disaster strikes, turn to restoration professionals. Our contractors can work directly with your insurance company to get your home or business back to normal as possible.
Call Restore Experts today to get your life back to normal.